From:
"Bailey, Olga" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bailey, Olga
Date:
Sun, 16 Dec 2007 01:30:59 -0000
Dear Colleagues,

Sorry for cross posting and not sending this in Spanish.

There is still time for you to contribute to our panel "Alternative media practices: alternative activisms?" (organizer Olga Guedes Bailey)  at the CONFERENCE ACS CROSS ROADS July 2008, Jamaica, or to any other panel at the conference!

"Because of considerable interest in the conference we have extended the deadline for submission of individual paper proposals to January 15, 2008. This is the final date for submission of abstracts. Please note that we are still accepting a limited number of panel proposals up to January 15, 2008.

Abstract Format
In preparing your paper abstract, you must make sure it follows these instructions:

The abstract must be no longer than 150 words. Abstracts that are longer than 150 are cut at the point where the 150-word limit is reached.

The format of the abstract is the following:
LASTNAME, Firstname (Your institution, Your Country)
PAPER TITLE
The text of the abstract.

Abstracts should be informative, and describe the main points made in the paper. To submit a paper to a session, please send an abstract of maximum 150 words to the Session Organizer. Please note that no second copy should be sent to the Conference Office; only the Session Organizer decides whether or not to accept your paper. The deadline for the submission of abstracts is January 15, 2008." (quoted in the website)

Please see details of the conference at http://www.crossroads2008.org/ <https://owa2k.ntu.ac.uk/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.crossroads2008.org/>

If you have any queries about the panel please do not hesitate to contact me.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Season's greetings

Olga

Dr. Olga Guedes Bailey

Programme Leader of MA Media and Globalisation
Nottingham Trent University
School of Arts and Humanities
Institute of Cultural Analysis

Clifton Lane, Nottingham NG11 8NS
direct line +44 (0) 115 848 3364
Fax                           848 3364

This email is intended solely for the addressee.  It may contain private and confidential information.  If you are not the intended addressee, please take no action based on it nor show a copy to anyone.  In this case, please reply to this email to highlight the error.  Opinions and information in this email that do not relate to the official business of Nottingham Trent University shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by the University.
Nottingham Trent University has taken steps to ensure that this email and any attachments are virus-free, but we do advise that the recipient should check that the email and its attachments are actually virus free.  This is in keeping with good computing practice.