From:
Rachel Morley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rachel Morley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Mar 2011 12:22:46 +0000
Dear colleagues,

It is our pleasure to announce the arrival of Volume 4, Issue 2 of Global Media Journal - Australian Edition (GMJ/AU).

This special themed issue is dedicated to proceedings from the 2010 ‘Interventions & Intersections Postgraduate Conference’, hosted by the School of Communication Arts at the University of Western Sydney (Australia).

The papers celebrate the diverse range of contributions made by invited keynote speakers, and the School’s Higher Degree Research and Honours students. Many of the featured essays take a hybrid approach to scholarship, blending narrative essay with image, fiction, fieldnotes, film and sound. Other papers provoke reflections into the cultures of media and the arts.

You can find the issue at http://www.commarts.uws.edu.au/gmjau/index.html

We hope you enjoy the issue. If you have any comments or feedback please reply to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or make use of our new comments box (located at the right of each article).

Volume 5, Issue 1 will be published in the second half of 2011. The theme is 'Wikileaks: Journalism and the 21st Century Mediascape'. The issue will be guest-edited by Associate Professor Hart Cohen and Dr Antonio Castillo.

We are currently seeking contributions (essays, refereed articles, interviews, book reviews and postgraduate essays) that address this theme. For more information see the CFP on the GMJ/AU website http://www.commarts.uws.edu.au/gmjau/cfp.html.

In the meantime we hope you enjoy Volume 4, Issue 2.

Best wishes,

Rachel

Guest Editor
(on behalf of the GMJ/AU editorial team)

Dr Rachel Morley
Associate Lecturer (Communications)
Assistant Editor, Global Media Journal - Australian Edition