HABITAT-L Archives

habitat-l

HABITAT-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Mike Schneider <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
HABITAT-L <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Aug 1998 12:18:48 -0500
Hey folks,
Hope you all had a good summer.  It should be an exciting year for OU
Habitat.  We are set to begin fundraising for the first OU house, which
is slated to start next year.  That means in the meantime we need to
raise $25,000!  It will be a challenge but if everyone helps pitch in we
can do it.

Our first fundraising event is planned for the first home football game
on Sept 5th.  We are going to sell t-shirts, hats, and 2x4's (really) to
the football-goers.  We will need your help-- if you're interested
please email me at [log in to unmask]  (Don't respond to this
list--everyone will get it).

On the topic of fundraising, if you're in a student group looking for a
project we are looking for partners for the OU house.  Your group just
has to raise some money for the house, and then you can all come out and
work on it.

There will be a new volunteer orientation night on Sept 1st which you
are all welcome to attend.  I'm not quite sure where it's going to be,
but probably in a church near campus.  We'll keep you informed.  If you
want to learn more about Habitat or have friends who want to be
involved, this is for you.

Lastly Norman Habitat is just starting their next house.  You are all
welcome at the building site-- just be aware that if a whole bunch of
people show up on one day their may not be enough work for everyone.
The house is on Himes and Stubbman, 3 blocks south of Robinson St, 1
block from the railroad tracks.  I think they will be building next
Saturday.

Mike Schneider