HABITAT-L Archives

habitat-l

HABITAT-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Clint Givens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 2004 21:05:22 -0500
Look at me, sending out the minutes the very night the meeting took place!

1.  Habitat T-shirts are available for sale; we ask that you pre-pay $8 for these.  (This was done at the end of this meeting; if you couldn't make it but still want a shirt, let us know.)

2.  Our next fundraiser after Trick-or-Change will be gift-wrapping at Border's.  Border's hasn't started scheduling just yet, but it looks like this will be happening around the first two weeks of December; we will probably do it a few times.

3.  If you are interested in going on Collegiate Challenge, the Spring Break trip to (in all likelihood) New Mexico (either Taos or Santa Fe), you should talk to Emily Comstock ASAP!!  Our registration needs to be in by the end of this week.  She can give you more details on this, but it's going to be a lot of fun and you should think about it if you don't have other plans!  I'll be there!  (Hopefully that is not a disincentive...)

4.  Trick-or-Change is Sunday, Oct. 31, from 6-8pm.  You can actually sign up individually, or with a group of friends, or with a student organization.  To sign up, email us at [log in to unmask]  There will be an informational meeting Wednesday, Oct. 27, 8-9pm, in the OMU Crimson Room.  If you're going, be prepared to pass out fliers Friday afternoon, the 29th, to the neighborhood you'll be canvassing.  Also, at least one person from each group will be required to wear a Habitat T-shirt.  (So they don't think we're going around trying to get money for a keg, as was apparently the case last year!)  (That is, some people thought that some of us were going around trying to get money for a keg, not that any of us actually was going around trying to get money for a keg.)

5.  BIG CHANGE on Habitat Social Fun Glow Bowling Night.  The cost is now $7 rather than $6, and you will pay the bowling alley when you come, not us beforehand.  Time and date is the same--Thurs., Oct. 21, 9-11pm.  Bring your friends, you don't have to be a member to come hang out with us!  Just tell the desk you're with OU Habitat, and they'll set you up.  There are also subs in the works, at no extra charge.

6.  Booth Days are back.  Times are 11-3pm on the following dates:

Wednesday, Oct. 13 (tomorrow)  -already covered
Thursday, Oct. 21
Wednesday, Oct. 27
Thursday, Nov. 4
Wednesday, Nov. 10
Thursday, Nov. 18

If you'd like to help out by sitting at the booth on any of these days, drop an email to our PR chair, [log in to unmask]

7.  Our next meeting is Tuesday, October 26, at 7:30pm in the OMU Crimson Room.  Be there!

Until next time, remember: drugs aren't cool.

Clint Givens
Secretary, OUHFH