HEARTLAND Archives

Communication for the Heartland Regional Genetics Group

heartland@SPEEDY.OUHSC.EDU

"Whitehead, Shona R. (HSC)" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 10 Feb 2011 13:56:09 -0600
From: Puryear, Michele (HRSA) [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2011 1:55 PM
Subject: FW: Announcing the Genetic Counseling Cultural Competence Toolkit

fyi

From: Denboba, Diana (HRSA)
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2011 8:04 AM
To: Puryear, Michele (HRSA); Copeland, Sara (HRSA)

FYI

From: Tawara Goode [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2011 12:20 AM
To: Denboba, Diana (HRSA)

FYI

-------- Original Message --------

Announcing the Genetic Counseling Cultural Competence Toolkit

Wed, 9 Feb 2011 15:54:31 -0500

Nancy Warren <[log in to unmask]><mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Tawara Goode <[log in to unmask]><mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Dear Tawara, as a 2009 JEMF Project Advisor:

Thank you for your input and advice on this project. You were my inspiration to keep learning and moving forward...as I hope to continue doing...!

I am pleased to announce the launching of the Genetic Counseling Cultural Competence Toolkit, the final outcome of my 2009 JEMF award. The GCCCT is a website and resource portal designed to provide information on demand to members of the genetic counseling profession, students, and other interested health care providers and consumers.  The website is filled with links and information on various topics in cultural diversity, cultural and linguistic competence that can be applied to genetic counseling clinical practice, research, and teaching.

The complete contents of the website are freely accessible on the internet. In addition, we offer a variety of options for individuals who want to register for Category 1 CEUs or a Learning Certificate for the 9 cases we developed.  The cases have been approved for 1.44 Category 1 CEUs or 14.43 contact hours by the NSGC as an approved provider of the IACET (International Association for Continuing Education and Training).

Please feel free to share the launching of the website, and this new online learning opportunity with your colleagues and students.  The registration fees will allow us to maintain and enhance the website into the future.

The site is directly accessible from: http://www.geneticcounselingtoolkit.com<http://www.geneticcounselingtoolkit.com/>

The site is also accessible from the NSGC year-round educational opportunities webpage:
http://www.nsgc.org/Education/YearroundEducationalOpportunities/GeneticCounselingCulturalCompetenceToolkit/tabid/369/Default.aspx

Please feel free to let me know if you have questions or suggestions.

Sincere thanks for supporting me through this project visioning, development, and outcome.

Nancy

--
Nancy Steinberg Warren, MS, CGC
Board Certified Genetic Counselor and Genetics Educator