OMRF-ISG Archives

OMRF's Information Support Group

omrf-isg@SPEEDY.OUHSC.EDU

From:
Yasvir Tesiram <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
OMRF's Information Support Group <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 2004 11:40:55 -0500
Sounds like a big job and I don't envy you. Could you let me know how
you get on with the switch. I have always used a cross over cable
without trouble..

Cheers
Yas

On Jul 7, 2004, at 11:28 AM, Jerrod Howard wrote:

> No I'm not unixified...heh
>
> More than likely I will just do it over a switch I have here in the
> office
> over the weekend. It is two windows systems (2000 server and 2003
> server
> that house all of OMRF's imaging files for all the imaging facility
> users,
> so I have to make sure everything is double and triple protected. I
> can't
> rsync since it's windows based, without going through a lot of hoopla
> with
> Cygwin (which I could do but by the time I had it figured out I could
> have
> done it the hard way) ;) The 2000 server is an adaptec 2200S attached
> to a
> 10 drive RAID5 array, the 2003 server is a 2200S attached to a 10 drive
> 1.2TB RAID5 array. They both have external connections, but since both
> are
> mounted by their own cards, I didn't think you could.
>
> The whole reason for this is we got a new tape backup system that will
> do
> 600gig, which will cover our whole imaging server. Right now we have 4
> partitions of 60 gig so we can fit each array on one tape for full
> backups.
> Now I can get them all in one tape, but on two of the arrays, I need to
> expand them since they are filling up so fast, and a few others I need
> shrink. Before I start tampering with the array though, I'm going to
> do full
> backups on tape as well as copy over to a new server, then blowout and
> rebuild it into one array (for both my sanity and for administration
> purposes on my end). I have a gigabit switch in the office that I'll
> just
> drop between them and get it rolling on saturday and come up on Sunday
> and
> get the array done. I'll have it all on tape as well as doing an
> integrity
> check on the data moved. Then move it all back and be done with it (I
> hope).
>
> At any rate, thanks all for the comments and help.

Yasvir Tesiram
PostDoctoral Fellow
Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation
Free Radical Biology and Ageing Research Program
825 NE 13th Street, OKC, OK, 73104

P: (405) 271 7126
F: (405) 271 1795
E: [log in to unmask]