OMRF-ISG Archives

OMRF's Information Support Group

omrf-isg@SPEEDY.OUHSC.EDU

From:
Quyen Arana <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
OMRF's Information Support Group <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 12:09:19 -0600
Welcome to the first ISG Monthly newsletter for March 2003

CONTENTS:
* Next Meeting Topics
* Last Meeting Notes and Addendum's
* ISG User Notes
* Surplus Equipment (items: 0)
* Classifieds (items: 1)

*** NEXT MEETING TOPICS ***

The next meeting will be Thursday, March 20th.

A suggestion was made for all of us to make a short presentation of
what we do in our prospective jobs. I'll then ask the person to recap
their job in a paragraph or two for the following newsletter. I'll do
the first one.

We'll also discuss Wireless and security concerns thereof.

*** LAST MEETING NOTES AND ADDENDUM'S ***

I've been swamped and have pretty much forgotten most details from last
week's meeting. I do remember that IT won't be providing any OMRF-wide
solutions, so your labs and departments are on their own.

Alan Shields clued me in on some good storage solutions at eracks.com
(p.s. don't do what I did and leave out the 's'). He just ordered a
unit and I'm sure he would be happy to share it with you (the info, not
storage space).

*** ISG USER NOTES ***

Have anything you want to report to the group in the newsletter? Let me
know and I'll put it in here. Of course, it would be easier just to
broadcast it on the list, but I'll do it here if you prefer.

*** SURPLUS EQUIPMENT ***

Not sure what to do with that Laserjet II you've been using as a
doorstop? List it here and someone may want it. OMRF tagged inventory
can be transferred through BioMed. I'll keep items on the list until
the list gets overwhelmed or the items are claimed.

*** CLASSIFIEDS ***

Want to sell something? Let me know and i'll put in here.

1. HP DeskJet 400 b&w inkjet with a new ink cartridge thrown in. Very
compact inject. Parallel only. Worked when I unplugged it. $10. If it
don't work, I'll refund your money. Quyen ( [log in to unmask] )

Quyen Arana
OSP & MCBI
  271 - 7683