OMRF-ISG Archives

OMRF's Information Support Group

omrf-isg@SPEEDY.OUHSC.EDU

From:
Todd Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
OMRF's Information Support Group <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 13:29:24 -0600
I like Bob's "smug" idea.  Of course the guy was asking for trouble
by taking pictures at work in a giant corporation and posting them;
since all they show are the innards of a generic truck it hardly
seems grounds for firing him though.  M$ still makes tons of Mac
software, including a new Exchange client for OS X they are about
to roll out, for example.  More importantly, they now own the PC
emulator program for Mac, Virtual PC, which works on G4s and
not on G5s, and have promised to update it for the G5 so that
alone could justify a few pallets of G5 computers.  God knows
they have the money for it.  People who have worked in Redmond
say there are Linux computers and Macs all over the place, which
only makes sense.  I suspect that word about his photo spread
rapidly among Mac users (although I missed that phase myself) on
the day he posted it, and that's how M$ found out about it.