OMRF-ISG Archives

OMRF's Information Support Group

omrf-isg@SPEEDY.OUHSC.EDU

From:
Yasvir Tesiram <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
OMRF's Information Support Group <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 11:14:07 -0600
I jumped off the gun a bit. Going by your last mail to Alans question as I
understand it, you have some mail in a Netscape folder and you now want it
in Mozilla on MacOSX. Messy.

I can't think of any easy script or tool for this.
By default mail on a local folder on MacOSX in Mozilla will go into

/Users/$USER/.mozilla/Default/some_unique_profile_number.slt/Mail/pop_account

The mail in MacOS 9 will be in a similar directory structure.

I suppose you can copy the Netscape mail from the MacOS 9 Netscape Folder
into the above MacOS X directory. Take care not to overwrite your recent
mail. i.e make a new box.

I think the easiest is to send all the mail from MacOS 9 to yourself and
collect it again on MacOS X. Let the network do the hard work :)

In MacOSX you can use Mail. I prefer Pine. Some use Mutt and others are on
the Outlook always. They're all good.

HTH
Yas