OMRF-ISG Archives

OMRF's Information Support Group

omrf-isg@SPEEDY.OUHSC.EDU

From:
Quyen Arana <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
OMRF's Information Support Group <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 23:00:26 -0600
While you mention the Mac connection in the article, Macs aren't the
main topic, which is more so who's actually doing the cracking and how.
I think this is pretty interesting in and of itself.

The idea of inviting an FBI agent to talk is pretty tempting. Anyone
else be interested in this? Maybe we could get a FBI security "expert"
to give a talk to the whole foundation.

On Jan 29, 2004, at 10:10 PM, Todd Walker wrote:

> http://www.securityfocus.com/cgi-bin/sfonline/columnists-item.pl?id=215
>

> " I asked him about that, and he told us that many of the computer
> security folks back at FBI HQ use Macs running OS X, since those
> machines can do just about anything: run software for Mac, Unix, or
> Windows, using either a GUI or the command line. And they're secure out
> of the box. "

J Quyen Arana
Information Technology Director
Oklahoma Science Project