OMRF-ISG Archives

OMRF's Information Support Group

omrf-isg@SPEEDY.OUHSC.EDU

From:
Alan Shields <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
OMRF's Information Support Group <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 16:54:33 -0500
I have two Wikis up and running that everyone is free to play with.
They are live sites, but if you go to the SandBox (instructions below),
you are free to edit anything in the SandBox, and read anything on the
rest of the site[1].

The two Wikis are:

TWiki:
http://opensource.microarray.omrf.org/wiki/bin/view/Sandbox/WebHome

WikkiTikkiTavi:
http://fundresearch.org/Wiki/SandBox.html

Check out the rest of the site to see what you think. I hope to discuss
a bit about possible uses at the next ISG meeting, as well as
demonstrate behavior.

There is one other commonly used, open source wiki engine out there:
Moin Moin. I do not currently have it installed, and, honestly, I'd
rather not run it. I already maintain two Wiki engines, that's more
than enough for me.

If someone else would volunteer to run it, however, that would be fine.

Update on time server status: got swamped. I've taken the steps needed,
however, and in a few days time.isg.omrf.org will be up and running. If
you're interested, ask me about it before or during the ISG meeting.

Thanks,
Alan

[1]NB: you CAN edit the entire site. Please don't, unless you have
something to add. SandBox can be used for anything and everything,
however.