OMRF-ISG Archives

OMRF's Information Support Group

omrf-isg@SPEEDY.OUHSC.EDU

From:
Jon Hamm <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
OMRF's Information Support Group <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 08:57:52 -0500
Here's an article I found this morning. Basically this guy says that Apple
ran the Intel chips with HyperThreading (a technology that makes one
processor act like two) turned off:

http://www.haxial.com/spls-soapbox/apple-powermac-G5/

I also found this link, which I think even some Mac die-hards will like:

http://www.ssc.ucla.edu/ssc/consult/schang/mac.wmv

(please note: there are a few 'colorful metaphors' in this clip, so be
careful where you play it, etc.)