OMRF-ISG Archives

OMRF's Information Support Group

omrf-isg@SPEEDY.OUHSC.EDU

From:
Quyen Arana <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
OMRF's Information Support Group <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 10:08:26 -0600
ISG and LUG members:

Meeting TODAY, 4:00 p.m., Goddard Auditorium, 2nd floor, OMRF.

Instead of our usual meetings, we will be showing the documentary,
"Triumph of the Nerds" (http://www.pbs.org/nerds/tvdes.html). Or at
least most of it.

 From the PBS site:-------

        Triumph of the Nerds: The Rise of Accidental Empires zooms backwards
on the information superhighway to show in vivid detail how youthful
amateurs, hippies and self-proclaimed "nerds" accidentally changed the
world.

-----------
There will be some beer, soda and cookies. If you feel inclined, feel
free to bring some goodies.

For those of you who just can't part with your terminal sessions, wi-fi
will be available and we promise not to bash you for it (hahaha.....
ok, bad pun).

Other details:

OMRF is located between the College of Allied Health and the VA
hospital at 825 NE 13th Street. To get to Goddard Auditorium, enter the
main entrance and go straight back past the lobby. Their is a stairwell
on your right and an elevator on your left. Go to the second floor.
Goddard auditorium is across from the elevator.

For additional information, e-mail Quyen Arana ([log in to unmask])