OMRF-ISG Archives

OMRF's Information Support Group

omrf-isg@SPEEDY.OUHSC.EDU

From:
Quyen Arana <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
OMRF's Information Support Group <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 12:08:16 -0500
Beware 2.4GHz phones. We had to trash our Panasonic phones after I
could not find a WAP wireless channel that could live with them. The
WAP would knock out the phone and the phones would slow data transfers
to a crawl. This was one of three WiFi mixed with 2.4GHz phones that
I've set up. You may want to check if any other appliances use the
2.4GHz range.

We have discussed using OMRF as the SSID. Jon and Alan may have more to
say about this.

Quyen

On Monday, August 25, 2003, at 10:29 AM, Danny G Smith wrote:

> I have received our linksys wap54g wireless access point.   I
> understand
> that some of you have pioneered the setup here at omrf.   Is everyone
> using a common passphrase?
>
> --
> thanks,
> Danny G Smith

> Crystallography Core Computer Manager / Sr UNIX Sys Adm
> Crystallography Dept Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation
> phone(405)271-8954   fax(405)271-7953   dept(405)271-1672
> UNIX air conditioned environment, keep the windows closed

J Quyen Arana
Information Technology Director
Oklahoma Science Project
405.271.7683