OMRF-ISG Archives

OMRF's Information Support Group

omrf-isg@SPEEDY.OUHSC.EDU

From:
Stuart Glenn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
OMRF's Information Support Group <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 21:08:11 -0600
On Tuesday, Feb 25, 2003, at 18:23 US/Central, Alan Shields wrote:
> If anyone on the Mac side would like to look into what protocol is used
> by X and 9 to synchronize time, and how to change those time servers on
> X and 9, I'd be grateful. I'd analyze the network traffic myself, but
> I'm busy right now. I'll get to it eventually, but eventually isn't
> necessarily "soon".

I am looking at it right now in X and its ntp based. Just type in
you new server into the Date/Time thingy in System Preferences.
And of course in X if you don't like the GUI you can just run
ntdpate by hand.  For 9 I believe its similar, but I have not been
there in a year or two.
--
Stu