OMRF-ISG Archives

OMRF's Information Support Group

omrf-isg@SPEEDY.OUHSC.EDU

From:
Danny G Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
OMRF's Information Support Group <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 2004 15:20:41 -0500
Alan Shields wrote:

>Our lab has been looking at a tape backup "solution" for backing up
>about a terabyte of data. I've looked around a bit, but was wondering
>what sort of luck people around here have had.
>
>Thankfully, we have low bit churn, so incrementals won't be so bad.
>
>Alan

I am using Time Navigator for the backup software.  It is ok, but not
great.  At the time it was the only thing we could afford that would
work on both SGI and Linux.  Veritas sounds great, but it is more $$$.
BakBone also has a solution that is supposed to be pretty good.

--
thanks,
Danny G Smith

Crystallography Core Computer Manager / Sr UNIX Sys Adm
Crystallography Dept Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation
phone(405)271-8954   fax(405)271-7953   dept(405)271-1672
UNIX air conditioned environment, keep the windows closed