OSCER-USERS-L Archives

OSCER users

OSCER-USERS-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Henry Neeman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Henry Neeman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2023 18:46:00 -0600
OSCER users,

Forwarding from the Campus Research Computing Consortium (CaRCC).

Please reply directly to them, and please feel free to
forward to anyone who may be interested and appropriate.

SUMMARY:

NEW CaRCC RCD Capabilities Model assessment tool now available
Contact: [log in to unmask]
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://portal.rcd-nexus.org/__;!!GNU8KkXDZlD12Q!-NAsYe0S7O7-M_WPJ5VON9uW35rKc_Vjj1dgJh6HscVxrcBu6VDlKkbzm_ICpBsViFhRMLdSBxBsPdTgaWrlfDY$ [portal[.]rcd-nexus[.]org]

DETAILS:

Dear RCD Community:

We are pleased to announce that the new RCD Capabilities Model
assessment tool is now available and ready to use:

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://portal.rcd-nexus.org/__;!!GNU8KkXDZlD12Q!-NAsYe0S7O7-M_WPJ5VON9uW35rKc_Vjj1dgJh6HscVxrcBu6VDlKkbzm_ICpBsViFhRMLdSBxBsPdTgaWrlfDY$ [portal[.]rcd-nexus[.]org]

This new web-based version of the assessment tool offers
a much better user experience and is backed by a database
that provides a more robust platform for data analysis.

Read our blog post for information on how to get started
using the new tool:

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://carcc.org/2023/11/02/new-rcd-capabilities-model-assessment-tool-now-available/__;!!GNU8KkXDZlD12Q!-NAsYe0S7O7-M_WPJ5VON9uW35rKc_Vjj1dgJh6HscVxrcBu6VDlKkbzm_ICpBsViFhRMLdSBxBsPdTgm9Lx5nw$ [carcc[.]org]

A new online data exploration and benchmarking portal will be
launched in early 2024 and we will let you know when that is
available.

Why participate in the Capabilities Model?

The Capabilities Model allows participating institutions to:

* Assess their support for computationally- and data-intensive
research.

* Identify potential areas for improvement.

* Understand how the broader community views
Research Computing and Data support.

Contributing institutions help build the Community Dataset,
and enrich the resulting picture we have of our community:

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://carcc.org/2022/05/25/2021-rcd-capabilities-model-community-data-report-now-available/__;!!GNU8KkXDZlD12Q!-NAsYe0S7O7-M_WPJ5VON9uW35rKc_Vjj1dgJh6HscVxrcBu6VDlKkbzm_ICpBsViFhRMLdSBxBsPdTgcfyQM9k$ [carcc[.]org]

You will get access to the benchmarking functionality on
the new portal that compares your assessment to the community
at-large, as well as segments of the community (R1s, R2s,
Public or Private institutions, etc.; on the new portal
you can define your benchmarking peer groups!).

As a contributor, you will also get access to more detailed
reporting functionality on the new portal, to dig into the
data and create custom visualizations.

Although summary data will be publicly available,
only contributors will have access to the detailed data and
custom visualization feature.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to

if you have any questions!

Sincerely,