OSCER-USERS-L Archives

OSCER users

OSCER-USERS-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Henry Neeman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Henry Neeman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 2023 10:10:40 -0600

OSCER users,

Clarifying from a discussion with Dave just now:

During the network outage, the supercomputer continued to
run jobs as usual.

But, user interactive logins (to login nodes etc) and
other such logins from outside of the supercomputer
weren't working for several hours.

We're putting more monitoring into place, to lower
the probability of such network outages into the login nodes
happening in future.

We apologize for the inconvenience!

---

Henry Neeman ([log in to unmask])
Director, OU Supercomputing Center for Education & Research (OSCER)
Associate Professor, Gallogly College of Engineering
Adjunct Associate Professor, School of Computer Science
OU Information Technology
The University of Oklahoma

Engineering Lab 212, 200 Felgar St, Norman OK 73019
405-325-5386 (office), 405-325-5486 (fax), 405-245-3823 (cell),
[log in to unmask] (to e-mail me a text message)
http://www.oscer.ou.edu/