OSCER-USERS-L Archives

OSCER users

OSCER-USERS-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Henry Neeman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Henry Neeman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Mar 2022 20:36:46 -0500
OSCER users,

Forwarding from the Open Science Grid.

Please reply directly to them, and please feel free to
forward to anyone who may be interested and appropriate.

SUMMARY:

Open Science Grid User School 2022
July 25-29 2022, U Wisconsin Madison
Applications due Apr 18 2022
Contact: [log in to unmask]
https://opensciencegrid.org/user-school-2022/

DETAILS:

ANNOUNCING THE OSG USER SCHOOL 2022!

If you could access hundreds or even thousands of computers
for your scholarly work or the work you support, what could
you do? How could it transform your research? What discoveries
might be made?

We are seeking applicants for the OSG User School 2022, from
July 25-29, at the beautiful University of Wisconsin in Madison.

Participants will learn to use high throughput computing
(HTC) to harness vast amounts of computing power for research,
applicable to nearly any field of study.

In previous Schools, we have helped people in physics,
chemistry, engineering, life sciences, earth sciences,
agricultural and animal sciences, economics, social sciences,
medicine, and more.

https://opensciencegrid.org/user-school-2022/

Using lectures, demonstrations, hands-on exercises, roleplays,
and personal consulting with OSG experts in HTC, participants
will learn how HTC systems work, how to run and manage many
jobs and huge datasets, how to implement a realistic
scientific computing workflow, and most importantly, how to
get your own research work up and running.

Want to learn more about HTC? See, e.g.,

https://chtc.cs.wisc.edu/htc.html

Worried about costs? We pay all basic travel, hotel, and
food costs for applicants who are selected to attend.

This is a valuable offer!

Ideal candidates are graduate students doing research and
staff (e.g., facilitators, admins) supporting research that
involves or could involve large-scale computing - work that
cannot be done on one laptop or a handful of computers.

We also accept post-doctoral students, faculty, research
staff, and advanced undergraduates, so tell us about yourself
regardless of your current role!

We are planning a completely in-person event and will follow
all COVID guidelines that are in effect at that time.

IMPORTANT DATES
* Application Period (OPEN NOW): 18 March - 18 April 2022
* OSG User School: 25-29 July 2022

MORE INFORMATION AND APPLICATIONS
* Web: https://www.opensciencegrid.org/user-school-2022/
* Email: [log in to unmask]
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/OSGUserSchool

Please forward this announcement to anyone who might
benefit from the OSG User School.