OSCER-USERS-L Archives

OSCER users

OSCER-USERS-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Henry Neeman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Henry Neeman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2023 12:50:34 -0500
OSCER users,

Schooner scheduled maintenance outage Wed Apr 19 8am-midnight CT

We'll do the following:

(1) Update the Linux kernel, which we hope will resolve
a bug that we've recently tripped in the Network File System
(NFS) software.

(If this upgrade doesn't resolve the bug, we have a workaround,
but we'd rather have a bug fix.)

(2) Deploy OURdisk metadata/monitor/manager servers.

(3) If time permits, update Slurm to the most recent stable
major version (# 22).

This will give us the ability to create a "burst buffer" for
applications that do large numbers of tiny reads.

Soon, we will deploy a burst buffer server, with 16 NVMe SSDs
(~40 TB usable), hopefully in production by May -- that'll
make I/O for such applications significantly faster.

(4) If time permits, physically shift support and diskfull
servers within the support/diskfull racks, to better utilize
power and cooling capacity for those functions.

(5) If time permits, installat Power Distribution Unit (PDU)
power strips in compute/GPU racks, which will increase
the power capacity for compute/GPU nodes, both OSCER-owned
and condominium.

We apologize for the inconvenience -- as always, our goal
is to make OSCER resources better!

The OSCER Team ([log in to unmask])