OSCER-USERS-L Archives

OSCER users

OSCER-USERS-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Henry Neeman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Henry Neeman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2023 19:01:57 -0500
OSCER users,

Forwarding from the San Diego Supercomputer Center at
U California San Diego.

Please reply directly to them, and please feel free to
forward to anyone who may be interested and appropriate.

SUMMARY:

San Diego Supercomputer Center/U California San Diego
Cyberinfrastructure-Enabled Machine Learning
Summer Institute 2023

Preparation Day (virtual): June 20, 2023 from 9am - 11am PT
Summer Institute (in-person): June 27 - 29, 2023
Location: 15th Floor at the Village Room A & B, UC San Diego
Contact: [log in to unmask]
https://na.eventscloud.com/website/50410/
http://portal.emailnetworks.com/vm2/6277210cd908c19a3947229f28c3afba/25316/31a6c8e76b01930fdfd6dc536e922c85/25316

Apply Today! Deadline: Friday, April 7, 2023

DETAILS:

We are excited to announce that the CIML Summer Institute
will be held in-person at the University of California
San Diego.

The CIML Summer Institute introduces machine learning (ML)
concepts to researchers, developers and educators to
techniques and methods needed to migrate their ML
applications from smaller, locally run resources, such as
laptops and workstations, to large-scale HPC systems,
such as the SDSC's Expanse supercomputer.

Participants will have the opportunity to accelerate their
learning process through highly interactive classes with
hands-on tutorials using SDSC's Expanse.

Prerequisite

* Knowledge or experience with machine learning is required

* Familiarity with UNIX/Linux shell

* Basic programming skills (especially Python) are strongly
recommended

Testimonials:

"I would highly recommend the CIML program! It was a fantastic
opportunity to learn about some of the latest and greatest
machine learning tools available. The instructors were all
highly knowledgeable, very helpful, and also incredibly
generous in sharing a variety of codes for carrying out
a variety of machine learning projects."
- Gianmarc, 2022 CIML attendee

"I would recommend this program to anyone who wants an
introduction to high performance computing systems and how to
interact with them. You will gain familiarity with running
basic jobs but also gain the conceptual understanding of
a multitude of frameworks to be able to apply your learning to
almost any scalable project in the future"
- Sahil, 2022 CIML attendee

"I would gladly recommend this program to any grad student.
I found this course very useful as a graduate student.
It gave me lots of new exposure on how to use new machine
learning frameworks and how to use a HPC with machine learning.
All the sessions were very understandable and applicable for
my own work."
- Thivanka, 2021 CIML attendee

"I highly recommend this program! It will give you solid
understanding of how to make your ML workflow scalable and
run it using HPC resources. The content/material is excellent
and the lessons have a really good balance between being
broad enough and specific enough. The organization was
impeccable."
- Bruno, 2021 CIML attendee

Full details can be found on the website.

https://na.eventscloud.com/website/50410/

Questions? Contact