OSCER-USERS-L Archives

OSCER users

OSCER-USERS-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Henry Neeman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Henry Neeman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2023 12:05:44 -0500
OSCER users,

REMINDER:

On ***THURSDAY*** June 8, 8am-midnight, OSCER will hold
a scheduled maintenance outage for all our research computing
systems.

---

Before the maintenance, if you submit a job and it
doesn't begin quickly, that might be because jobs won't launch
unless they're guaranteed to end before the start of
maintenance (Thu June 8 8:00am).

In that case, reduce the wall clock time request, like so:

scontrol update JobID=####### TimeLimit=DD-HH:MM:SS

except replacing ####### with the job ID number and
replacing DD-HH:MM:SS with the new, shorter wall clock time
limit.

You might need to do that multiple times to get your job to
launch. (Or the supercomputer might be too busy.)

If your job isn't able to run to completion, then you're
no worse off than if you hadn't tried to run the partial job
in the first place.

But if the job does complete, then you're better off.

Henry