OSCER-USERS-L Archives

OSCER users

OSCER-USERS-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Henry Neeman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Henry Neeman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Nov 2022 11:02:34 -0600
OSCER users,

Logins on schooner2 have also gone bad. We hope to have
this issue resolved by tomorrow morning (Mon Nov 7).

You can log in to Schooner, but it's a more complicated
than usual.

See below:

I. LOGGING IN
II. COMPILING
III. BATCH JOBS NOT AFFECTED

We apologize for the trouble.

Henry

---

I. LOGGING IN

For now, you can log in to

dtn2.oscer.ou.edu

OR

dtn1.oscer.ou.edu

instead of schooner, schooner1 or schooner2.

On dtn2, /scratch directories are available,
and also OURdisk directories.

On dtn1, /scratch directories are available,
but OURdisk directories might not be.

---

II. COMPILING

For compiling, please log in to

schooner1.oscer.ou.edu

OR

schooner2.oscer.ou.edu

If the login procedure gets stuck after the login message,
you can do the following:

Ctrl-C Ctrl-C Ctrl-Z Ctrl-Z Ctrl-C Ctrl-C Ctrl-Z Ctrl-Z ...

After several of those, you should get your regular
Unix prompt.

But, on schooner1 and schooner2, you might not be able to
access your /scratch directory and/or your OURdisk directory
(if you have one).

(You should be able to access your /home directory there.)

---

III. BATCH JOBS NOT AFFECTED

Please note that these problems *DON'T* appear to be
affecting compute nodes, so your running and pending jobs
should be fine.

But it might be wise to double check, just in case.