OU-LSAMP Archives

An email list for the LSAMP program

OU-LSAMP@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
"Faneros, Michael A." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Faneros, Michael A.
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 2014 20:03:11 +0000
From: <Jorgenson>, "Susan L." <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Monday, December 8, 2014 at 5:40 PM
Subject: Take Root Poster Session Info

Below (and attached) is information for the Poster Session at this year's Take Root conference.  Please forward to any of your students who may be interested.

Dear Faculty and Staff Member,

I am writing to inform you about an exciting opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students to present original research at a conference in the spring.

Take Root: Red State Perspectives on Reproductive Justice will be held on OU's campus on February 20 and 21, 2015. The conference provides a space for students, academics, practitioners, advocates, and members of our community to engage with reproductive justice issues. Our region's unique cultural context shapes our focus on and approach to dealing with issues of reproductive justice. This conference offers the opportunity to address distinctive challenges and barriers that accompany pursuing social justice in a red state, as well as to envision new possibilities and solutions for the future.

This year, we will be adding a new component to the conference in an effort to highlight the work of undergraduate and graduate students who have conducted research in the area of social justice. This component will take the form of a poster presentation session, which will take place on Friday February 20th during pre-conference activities. Students can apply to present original work that is related to social justice, and this work can take the form of a poster, a piece of artwork, an interactive station, or some other type that highlights a social justice project. If opting to use a poster, we ask that boards meet the specifications of 24"x36". If using another form, we will make all possible efforts to accommodate space and size requirements, but we ask that applicants note that we can only guarantee space for projects that can be displayed vertically on an easel. Additionally, a limited number of grants are available for students to offset the costs of professional poster printing.

The application for submission can be accessed at the following link:
https://oucenterforsocialjustice.wufoo.com/forms/zhfpwqq1pghjly/.

Applications will be considered on a rolling basis up to January 16th at 5:00pm. We cannot guarantee that applications submitted after this date will be processed.

Please consider passing along this information to any students whom you think would be good candidates for this exciting opportunity. We appreciate your assistance in making this new initiative a success.

Thank you for your time.

Best,

Kelsey Kolbe [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Take Root Intern
Center for Social Justice

Susy Jorgenson
Outreach Coordinator