OUARC-L Archives

Alpha Sigma Delta Radio Society

OUARC-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Jerrod KD5RAK <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jerrod KD5RAK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2007 09:37:26 -0500
Well, Spent a little time at the shack last night. Made a couple of contacts
and checked the club into the N5HZX(Scars 10m rag chew net). Has lots of DX
contacts on 10m last night. Real reason for the e-mail...figured out what
was wrong on the G5RV we tossed up this weekend. Think it was a bad chunk of
feedline. I replaced it with the big stuff that was a bit shorter that we
had on there last time. Didn't think i was ever going to get it wound up
that tight haha!  Would like to use the smaller coax after i figure out what
is wrong with it. Yaesu rig sounds alot better than it did. Got 59+20
reports from most of the stations within 10 miles of the shack. Got a DX
contact on 20m too. Prince Edward Island(VY2Z was the station location they
were tx from). So get up to the shack and try the ole setup out. Ill try to
schedule some time with Robin to get back into the shack again and test out
the 820 setup and see what i can do for the old Heathkit. Looked like the
fan was working again on the Yaesu-900 so it was not quite as hot as it had
been running. Not sure if its giving out or was just exceedingly hot up
there or both. I may go up to the shack this weekend and see what else I can
come up with if anyone else is interested and not all hammed out from last
weekend.

Thanks! J-Rod aka OUARC Techie(Me Myself and I hihi)

PS. Worked a Special Event station W9IMS(Indianapolis Motor Speedway) thats
at the Speedway for the Brickyard 400 this weekend. Might want to try to
work em for a sweet lookin QSL card!! They will be operating on all bands
thru sunday they said. Punch them up on QRZ for their web site(and picture
of sweet QSL card) or any of your favourite callbooks for their QSL info.