OUIMPROV-L Archives

Obviously Unrehearsed Improv Announcement List

OUIMPROV-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Eric Webb <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric Webb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 2004 11:52:40 -0600
OK, I know everyone is really annoyed with the virus situation, no one
more so than myself. After all, its my e-mail addresses that has been
getting spoofed!

First, the e-mail that went out last night (Re: Hello) was not the
virus. I was trying to send myself a copy of the first e-mail from the
list archives so we could examine the header information and try and
determine the origin of the e-mail. The forwarded message was sent out
over the list instead. My apologies.

I HAVE GOOD NEWS THOUGH!!!

We have been able to identify the offending computer that has sent all
but one of the virus laden e-mails. That computer has since been
cleaned and is virus-free.

I wish I could say that this would eliminate the problem completely.
However, we have yet to identify the sender of the original e-mail
that went out last Wednesday, from a computer in Adams Tower Dormitory
with the ip of 129.15.134.74

If you are subscribed to this list and live in Adams Tower, please go
to www.whatismyip.com and make sure that your computer is not
responsible for the initial outbreak.

Once again, if you are concerned that you may have opened one of the
attachments and downloaded the virus, go here to download the removal
tool: [log in to unmask]" target="_blank">http:[log in to unmask]

Barring the situation where more mail is sent out from that original
computer, I think we should be in the clear. I appreciate everyone's
patience in dealing with this problem and look forward to seeing you
all at our next Union Show on Sat. Nov. 20th at 8pm in the Scholars
Room (3rd Floor).

If you have any questions please contact me.

--
Sincerely,

Eric Webb
Manager/Administrative Coordinator, O.U. Improv!
Phone: (405) 307-9769
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
AIM: thelastavatar

You are recieving this message because you are subscribed to the OU Improv! listserv. To unsuscribe go to http://lists.ou.edu and search for OUIMPROV-L and select unsuscribe.