From:
EMMA AGUSITA <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
EMMA AGUSITA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 2014 13:22:33 +0000
Creative Citizens Conference
Royal College of Art, London September 18-19 2014.
FFI http://creativecitizens.co.uk/events/

Call for Papers – closing January 20th 2014
Creative citizens make new things happen in their communities. Their
activities are vital to civic life but also to the creative economy,
where their contribution mostly goes uncounted. They invent new ways of
delivering music, visual art, film and literature. They come together as
fans; they make things, sharing space and place.

 The conference is the climax of an 20 month multidisciplinary research
project, Media, Community and the Creative Citizen which explores the
dynamics of creative citizenship in the context of digital media. We ask
how social media are affecting the value and sustainability of creative
citizenship and, with our community partners around the UK, we
experiment with co-created media interventions to enhance networks of
creative citizenship in Bristol, Birmingham & London. The research is
supported by the AHRC’s Connected Communities programme.  Confirmed
speakers include  Paola Antonelli, Jean Burgess, John Hartley, Geoff
Mulgan, and Ian Hargreaves.

 We are looking for conference contributions that include themes or
topics such as:
Definition of, and critical perspectives on, creative citizenship

Research approaches and methods

Cultural, economic, civic and social values of creative citizenship

Creativity and innovation

Co-production and design

Representation and identity

Inclusion/exclusion

Practices and business models

Role of media literacy and creative skills

Research Ethics

UK and international case studies

The impacts of creative citizenship and its practices: critique,
evaluation and measurement

Policy and investment.

We are looking for conference contributions from  arts and humanities
and social sciences in the form of traditional papers (15 mins) as well
as informal poster presentations from early career researchers and PhD
students. The conference will have three tracks and several workshops;
we will programme two tracks from this call. Please send your abstracts
to [log in to unmask] by 5pm (GMT) on Monday 20th January
2014. Notifications in March 2014. Hold the date. Booking will be
available in Feb 2014.

Creative Citizens: the conference, 2014. Helen Hamlyn Centre, Royal
College of Art, Knightsbridge, London, September 18-19, 2014.

www.creativecitizens.co.uk