From:
Lisa McLaughlin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 29 Dec 2005 17:10:21 -0500
Hi OURMEDIA folks,

I just want to mention that I registered the
Union for Democratic Communications as an
organization for the Caracas WSF. I'm afraid that
I can't go, but since it's very difficult to
participate as an individual, I did think that
this might make it possible for anyone who's a
UDC member to attend--provided that you have the
resources, that is. I know that several members
of this listserv are also UDC members. So, if
you'd like to register under the UDC
organizational umbrella, do be in touch.

UDC, as many of you know, is a rather "casual"
organization, and I've become a sort of de facto
representative at WSIS and other venue. I was a
participant at the 2005 Port Alegre WSF (working
with Isis International-Manila, not UDC), so
that's why I was contacted about registering an
organization.

All the best and grand wishes for peace in the New Year,

Lisa

--
Lisa McLaughlin, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Mass Communication & Women's Studies

Mass Communication
Williams Hall
Miami University-Ohio
Oxford, OH 45056