From:
Aliza Dichter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Aliza Dichter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2006 10:58:16 -0400
From: [log in to unmask] on behalf of Vera Franz
Sent: Wed 5/17/2006 5:12 AM
To: ipr&publicdomain
Subject: [ipr] out now: The Copy/South Dossier

THE COPY/SOUTH DOSSIER <www.copysouth.org>
Issues in the economics, politics, and ideology of copyright in the
global South
Researched and published by the Copy/South Research Group May 2006
ISBN: 978-0-9553140-1-8 (printed edition) Not restricted by copyright
We are told that we live in the ‘digital revolution’ era and that we
can communicate across the globe as we never could before. In fact,
restrictive copyright laws still act as a serious barrier to sharing
and learning from each other. This is particularly true in countries of
the South where three quarters of the population live.

To read more, get a copy of the 208-page Copy/South Dossier produced in
May 2006 by the Copy South Research Group after more than 18 months of
research. Available at no charge, this unique dossier contains more
than 50 articles examining many dimensions of the issue across the
global South, such as access, culture, economics, libraries, education,
software, the Internet, the public domain, and resistance. It is
available at no charge.

You can get the dossier in two ways: either download it
<www.copysouth.org> or send us an e-mail <[log in to unmask]> and we
will send you a copy in the post, either as a printed booklet or as a
CD.
Copy South gratefully acknowledges the financial support from the Open
Society Institute, the Research Fund of the University of Kent Law
School, UK and HIVOS, NL.