From:
Helen Hambly Odame <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Helen Hambly Odame <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Nov 2011 10:53:40 -0500
FYI

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Expert Consultation on Communication for Development
Date: 	Fri, 18 Nov 2011 16:08:03 +0100
From: 	DelCastello, Riccardo (OEKR) <[log in to unmask]>

Dear colleagues and friends,

The Expert Consultation on Communication for Development that was held
here in FAO was a unique opportunity for all of us to meet and reflect
on the crucial challenges that ComDev in agricultural development is
facing today. Communication needs and available channels in rural areas
are going through tremendous changes and rural people are increasingly
calling for new communication capacities to access relevant knowledge
and information on rural support services and technologies.

The enthusiastic response we received to our call, not only illustrates
how much ComDev  is a fundamental ingredient in development processes
but it also confirms the need for ComDev professionals, and the
organizations that they represent, to work together, establish
relationships and partnerships to address together the above challenges.
The recommendations from the Expert Consultation, certainly point in
that direction.

We are very happy with the outcomes of the meeting and want to
personally express our gratitude to each and every one for contributing
with your ideas and with your expertise, as well as for the stimulating
discussions we had throughout the three day gathering.

We will sooncontact individually the participants who expressed interest
in following up on the EC recommendations. In the meantime we encourage
you to visit the EC website and browse through our photo gallery, watch
the video interviews on you-tube and read the comments on twitter. These
are all available at the following links:

·EC website
http://www.fao.org/oek/communication-for-development/expert-consultation/en/

·EC photo gallery
https://picasaweb.google.com/113899598850285694621/FAOComDevExpertConsultation

·Twitter coverage of the event http://twitter.com/#!/faocomdev
<http://twitter.com/#%21/faocomdev>

·ComDev channel on youtube http://www.youtube.com/FAOcomdev

Please feel free to share these links with your colleagues and friends,
particularly the videos of your interviews and statements on ComDev.

In addition to the recommendations of the EC you will also find attached
the list of the experts and of all the participants with their profiles
and contact details. The consultation report will be emailed and posted
on the website within a couple of weeks.

Best regards,

May Hani, Mario Acunzoand Riccardo del Castello

Communication for Development

Research and Extension Branch

FAO, Rome