OWP Archives

Oklahoma Writing Project

OWP@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jul 2007 14:14:28 -0700
Dear OWP Teacher Consultants--

Some of the board members have suggested that,
although it's a bit late, this would still be a good
time to focus this year's OWP writing contest on an
Oklahoma Centennial theme.  Others of you had ideas on
how we should change maybe the genres of the contest
and/or the proposed lengths of the entries.  Another
TC wants to expand the contest to include journalism
categories.  Lots of you have given me suggestions in
the past, and now is the time to remind us of your
ideas.

If you are interested on serving on a committee to
decide on categories and requirements for this year's
contest, please let me know. Also please suggest a
time and place to meet.  We'll let you know when we've
scheduled a date for a planning meeting.  If you would
just like to submit your ideas, please feel free to do
that, too.

Audra and some others are planning another elementary
conference at the zoo this fall, with a focus on the
new Oklahoma Trails part of the zoo and writing about
Oklahoma.  We already have dates scheduled for the
secondary Write To Win conference Thursday, November
1, and the Spring Celebration April 3. Both will be
held at Oklahoma City University this fall.  We'll
want to focus writing on an Oklahoma theme this year.
Please be thinking of ideas for presentations for
teachers and/or students.

More soon.

Janis

Janis Cramer