OWP Archives

Oklahoma Writing Project

OWP@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Audra Plummer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Audra Plummer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2018 17:36:43 +0000

It is time to register for the "Write to Win" Conference for Secondary Students and Teachers.See information. Space is limited.  Register ASAP!

|   |

|    |

|  |      Hello,
  You are invited to the following event:    Write to Win Conference for Secondary Students and Teachers
|      |   Event to be held at the following time, date, and location:   Thursday, November 8, 2018 from 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM (CST)   Oklahoma City University
2501 North Blackwelder Avenue
University Center Great Hall
Oklahoma City, OK 73106

 View Map   |

|   Attend Event   |

   |    Share this event:
|      |      |      |

The Oklahoma Writing Project invites you to attend the “Write To Win” Conference for Secondary Students and Teachers.
Students will choose two workshops appropriate for their grade level. Workshops will provide pre-writing and drafting activities for various genres: poetry, essays, personal narratives, descriptions, flash fiction, short stories, and super sentences. Oklahoma Writing Project Teacher Consultants will present all workshops. All students will leave the conference with a rough draft of a piece they may enter in the 2019 OKWP Writing Contest.Each teacher may bring 5 students (grades 6-12) per adult. Parents and student teachers are welcome, too. Conference is limited to 100 participants. Register today!
Schedule for the Day:
8:30 Registration/Refreshments9:00-9:20 Orientation/Quickwrite9:30-10:30 Session One10:40-11:40 Session Two11:40-12:30 Joint SessionThe ratio of students to teachers/adults must be 5 to 1. If you want to bring more than five, you will open the ticket link again and register more students.  All students may be paid with one PO. Please make note below if your school wants to have your PO's combined with another school. (Example: Middle School and High School students from same district want to be paid with the same PO.) Teachers $15 eachStudents/Parents $10 eachRegistration Deadline: November 1, 2018For more information, email: Audra Plummer at [log in to unmask] this event on Facebook and Twitter.We hope you can make it!Cheers,Oklahoma Writing Project    |

  |  |

|    |

|  |
|    This invitation was sent to [log in to unmask] by the organizer of this event, Oklahoma Writing Project.
 To stop receiving invitations from this organizer, you can unsubscribe.     Eventbrite, Inc.  |  155 5th St, 7th Floor  |  San Francisco, CA 94103    |

 Audra Plummer  M. Ed.Co-Director of InserviceOklahoma Writing ProjectUniversity of OklahomaJeannine Rainbolt College of Education338 Cate Center Drive, Room 190Norman, Oklahoma 73019Phone: 405-310-8966
OWP Office Phone: 405-325-3752FAX: 405-325-7841http://owp.ou.edu

Teachers Teaching Teachers