OWP Archives

Oklahoma Writing Project

OWP@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Johnnie Keel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Johnnie Keel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 21:32:43 -0600
Hello Everyone,

I just attended my first Celebration of Teaching for the Norman Public Schools.  The Oklahoma Writing Project was well represented by many exemplary teachers receiving recognition for their hardwork and dedication to education.  There was not a program so I may not know the "exact" title or criteria for selection of some of the awards but here are some I remember off hand:

Carmi Scheller  (several awards)
Nancy Klopowitz (several awards, including being recognized as a retiree)
Claudia Swisher (Nancy O'Brien Award -- very special)
Karin Perry (can't remember the award name)
Bonner Slayton (finalist for NPS teacher of the year)

Forgive me if I neglected to mention any others from the OWP family who received awards.  I was proud to see so many of you receive these awards and to share with others that I knew you through our OWP relationship.  Congratulations!!!

Johnnie Keel