OWP Archives

Oklahoma Writing Project

OWP@LISTS.OU.EDU

Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2006 23:30:44 EST
The fire in Empire in SW Oklahoma spared our daughter Elizabeth's house but
destroyed many houses near her.  Elizabeth (OUWP), Greg and the boys are at
Greg's folks house for the night as there is no way they can go home due to smoke
damage.  The fire is still raging and we can only hope and pray there will be
no further tragedy.  30 homes were destroyed and two firefighters injured-one
in serious condition.  There is so much more to the story but that is it for
now.

Keep all those fine people in your prayers.
Lillian(OUWP 81) and Dean