OWP Archives

Oklahoma Writing Project

OWP@LISTS.OU.EDU

Date:
Mon, 27 Apr 2009 16:03:34 -0400

Dear OWP Colleagues,

I read several articles on the Norman Transcript web page (which was very user friendly) about Claudia and other OWP grads featured in the archives.  Such good news!.  Congratulations!

In addition, a great big thanks to those of you who, led by Terry Phelps, took a whole day out of your busy schedule to  come to The Medicine Park Writing Marathon or The Way To Rainy Mountain Retreat. You are special and I hope you know how very much you and your time were valued that day.  Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!   It was great to write with those of you who were led by Martha and Francis during those early years and it was also great to meet with more recent OWP Consultants and two prospective interns. The Oklahoma Projects are blessed with an unbroken chain of good leadership and great teachers.

News Bulletin!

Elizabeth Johnson Ressel OWP ' 89 is Comanche Public School's Teacher of The Year.  She joins the long list of OWP consultants who are dedicated to providing the best education for Oklahoma students.

The Beat Goes On

Susan Smith and I presented writing project presentations at  the Young Author Conference in Lawton this past Saturday.  Approximately 50 parents and teachers attended my session, A Power Writing Workshop for Parents and Teachers while several hundred
students attended Susan's closing presentation.  Susan also presented, Straw Painting and Poetry to small break out sessions.

 The Young Author Conference in Lawton, sponsored by The Lawton Area Reading Council (LARC), is approaching  its 30th year of inspiring student readers and writers.  Originally our conference welcomed OWP consultants to do writing workshops with students in elementary through high school.  Now Lawton teachers follow their  good example with writing presentations of their own. YAC was one of the first student conferences in the nation to have students actually write and attend break out sessions.  Bill Martin was one of our first authors and Bill Wallace had just published his first book when he keynoted a conference.  Good Memories!

Lillian K. Johnson OWP '81

.

Big savings on Dell XPS Laptops and Desktops!

An Excellent Credit Score is 750. See Yours in Just 2 Easy Steps!