OWP Archives

Oklahoma Writing Project

OWP@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Sandra Effinger 2 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Effinger 2 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 2004 13:48:25 -0500
Hello, OWP TC's.  I sent this out on our old listserv,
but since more of us have access to the new one, I
thought I'd send it again.  Remember that if you reply
to this e-mail, it will go out over the listserv, so
if you just want to respond to me, click on this link:

Thanks!
Janis Cramer
OWP Co-Director

P R E S E N T E R S   N E E D E D !

OWP Teacher/Student Writing Workshop
November 1, 2004
Moore-Norman Career Tech

The annual OWP "Write To Learn" Teacher/Student
Writing Workshop will be held 8:30 - 3:30 November 1
to provide some writing tips to teachers and students
before the annual OWP writing contest.

At the workshop, I'm estimating that we will need 2-4
presentations for teachers, 2 for elementary students,
4 for middle school students, and 4 for high school
students.  All presentations will be 75 minutes.

Dana Loy will be using Woody Guthrie's poetry as a
prompt for some song writing in the afternoon joint
session.  Students and teachers from each school will
work collaborately to write a "Talking Blues" poem.
Participants will have a chance to share what they‚ve
written in the large group.

If you would like to give your standard presentation
to teachers, that is one option.  If you have a new
presentation you‚d like to try, this would be the
perfect opportunity to test it on a receptive
audience.

If you would prefer to present to students,  the
presentations should center on giving students ideas
and prompts for the annual writing contest.
Categories will be essay, short short story,
descriptive paragraph, poetry, and personal narrative.

A lesson you‚ve used successfully in your classroom
would be fine to present to students from other
schools.  Please feel free to be creative.  For
instance, you will probably want to focus on one
specific aspect of short story writing rather than try
to cover the whole genre.

You will receive $100 for presenting ($200 if you
present twice) and your registration will be free;
however, your students will have to pay the $15
registration fee.  If you do present, we encourage you
to bring five students with you.  (This is not a
requirement.  Retired teachers welcome, too!)

Please complete the enclosed proposal and send to
Janis Cramer by September 27.

Rather than send your proposal out over the listserve,
please copy and paste the information below into an
e-mail addressed  to  [log in to unmask]

OWP Presentation Proposal
2004 Teacher/Student Writing Workshop

TC Name
SI Class of
School
School Phone
Home phone
E-mail addres
Fax number

Title of presentation:

Audience:    Teacher     Student
Level:   Elem      MS      HS

Description for Program  (What will participants do?
What will participants learn?)