OWP Archives

Oklahoma Writing Project

OWP@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Audra Plummer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Audra Plummer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 2021 23:44:25 +0000

Plan, Prepare, Perform

5th Grade State Writing Test Prep Conference
January 20, 2022Oklahoma Public School Resource Center 309 NW 13th St., Suite 103 Oklahoma City, OK 73103-3708

How to Prepare for Upcoming Writing Assessments

And Implement Oklahoma Academic Standards

   - OWP will provide authentic student samples to allow participants to use rubrics and demonstrate how rubrics guide instruction.
   - Participants will be exposed to appropriate grade level writing activities that are aligned Oklahoma Academic Standards
   - Presentations will include practical, developmentally appropriate ideas to build writing skills along with writing process  Participants will be actively involved and leave with lessons that can be immediately implemented
   - Participants will be able to choose sessions 5   th Grade Writing Rubrics, How to provide feedback to writing, strategies to prepare for narrative, informative, opinion pieces, creating a 6 week plan up to testing, reviewing testing platforms, how to motivate the unmotivated, where to start in the writing process--all sessions will be hands on.
 Target Audience: 4th/5th Grade Teachers
Schedule:

9:00-9:30 Check-in/Refreshments

9:30-10:30 Session #1

10:30-10:45 Break

10:45-11:45 Session #2

11:45-12:45 Lunch provided

12:45-1:45 Session #3

1:45-2:00 Break

2:00-3:00 Session #4

Register online at link below:

Plan, Prepare, Perform Conference
Limited Space--Reserve your spot today!
Questions Contact: Audra Plummer [log in to unmask]

Quotes from teachers previously:

“OWP Sessions help me know how to prepare my students.”

 “This was the most helpful workshop I attended to know WHAT to do to prepare my students.”

“I was so thankful I came to this conference.  WOW! I understand what I need to start implementing.”

Upon receiving her class’s state writing scores, a participant emailed, “I received the highest scores at my school and I know it is because I came to this conference.

Audra Plummer  M. Ed.Co-Director of InserviceOklahoma Writing ProjectUniversity of OklahomaJeannine Rainbolt College of Education338 Cate Center Drive, Room 190Norman, Oklahoma 73019Phone: 405-310-8966
OWP Office Phone: 405-325-2873FAX: 405-325-7841http://okwp.org

Teachers Teaching Teachers