PDALIST Archives

Group for development of instructional applications for handheld computing.

pdalist@SPEEDY.OUHSC.EDU

From:
"Cacy, Jim R." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Group for development of instructional applications for handheld computing." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 11:55:17 -0500
OoooooK, gang.  Dr. Scheid has chastized me for not putting in a disclaimer.  :-(

No, I haven't tried it.  And I'll give them back the $5000 they gave me for posting the link.  (Kidding, just kidding.)

BTW, I basically agree with Dr. Scheid about CE devices.  The Palm OS is much more stable, and a Palm won't run down sitting on your desk turned off and out of the cradle.  A Jornada will not only run down the main battery, it will also discharge the CMOS battery if you leave it unplugged for awhile.  The PocketPC will run down, too, if you leave it unplugged for as little as 3 days.  It has its nice aspects, but you have to be more conscientious about battery life.

Jim