PREDENTAL-L Archives

Predental Students

PREDENTAL-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 17:36:28 -0600
Pre-Dental Club:

My name is Diane Fernando, and I am your representative for Campus Activities Council¢s Dance Marathon. Please allow me to take this opportunity to explain the details of Dance Marathon and encourage your participation. We are so excited to work with your organization and are more than willing to answer any questions, assist your members with fundraising times, and provide assistance in any way possible.

OU Dance Marathon is one of the largest student-run philanthropic fundraising events in Oklahoma. Through the tremendous year-round effort of hundreds of OU students, we help to provide funding for the care of critically ill newborns and children with cancer, kidney disease, blood disorders, cystic fibrosis, to name a few. Doctors and children from the OU Medical Center Children¢s Hospital and their families attend this life-changing event at the Houston-Huffman Center and share their personal stories. All the proceeds of the 8-hour event filled with dancing and entertainment are donated to CMN, CMRI, OCCA, and Camp Cavett.

This year, we want to make OU history by raising over $100,000 for the children of Oklahoma. OU Dance Marathon needs your help in order to achieve this goal! I am asking you to donate your time to this worthy cause. All the money raised stays in the state of Oklahoma and is matched four times by private endowments, i.e. every $1 donation becomes $4, or every $10 becomes $40. This year, each dancer is asked to raise $80.

I would love to come and speak to your organization about the benefits of participating in Dance Marathon. If you could set aside 10 to 15 minutes of your next general meeting, I myself or another Dance Marathon representative will come to explain all of the exciting details of this awesome event.

You may contact Brandon Zrowk at [log in to unmask], Jenny Rodgers, the Dance Marathon Chair at [log in to unmask] or just reply to this email. Registration for Dance Marathon begins online at www.ou.edu/dancemarathon. We would appreciate it if you would pass this information along to members of your organization via e-mail or by any other means convenient for you. Thank for making a difference in the life of a child.

Gratefully,

Diane Fernando
Organization Liaison
(580) 284-1966