PREDENTAL-L Archives

Predental Students

PREDENTAL-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

Date:
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 12:11:46 -0600
Pre-dental Club Members,

We are communicating to you what we think is an excellent opportunity for community service.  We hope that
you could make it just before our meeting tomorrow:

Medical Reserves Informational
Wednesday, March 23rd
5:30 P.M.
Reagents Room (In the Union)
Free Food!

The Bad:  Spring Break's over.

The Good:  Medical Reserves Presentation

The Medical Reserves?  What the...? Yeah, well, although this group is not very well publicized, it is an
awesome opportunity for anyone interested in medicine as a profession.

To help meet the needs of post 9/11 America, the Medical Reserve Corps Program was formed in 2002, in
cooperation with the White House?s USA Freedom Corps, as one of the charter programs of Citizen Corps.

Pre-identifying, training and organizing medical and public health professionals to strengthen their
communities through volunteerism is at the core of the MRC concept. MRC volunteers offer their expertise
throughout the year by supporting local public health initiatives, such as immunization and prevention activities.
When an emergency community need occurs, MRC volunteers can work in coordination with existing local
emergency response programs.

This sounds like a really great way to get involved with this Homeland Security initiative, and actually help keep
America safe, if that's your thing.

Lisa Pearson will be presenting on March 23rd, at 5:30 p.m. in the Reagents Room in the Oklahoma Memorial
Union.  Lisa has kindly offered to have free pizza at her presentation.

PDC '05