PWA-L Archives

PWA Inside Talk

pwa-l@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Deborah Chester <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Open discussions on the writer's craft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 2005 13:24:47 -0500
Greetings,
Many thanks to everyone who participated in our first book drive.  We collected 140 novels for donation.  Yesterday Rick A. boxed them up and delivered them to Barnes & Noble.  Just in case some of you haven't gotten around yet to editing your bookcases, I'm leaving the collection box outside my office for a while.  We can always make another donation in the future, or even follow through on Josh's idea of holding a used book sale (someday) to raise pizza money for ourselves.  Jocelyn deserves special recognition for donating boxes and tape.  We didn't use all the boxes provided, so if you want them back, Jocelyn, I have them stored in my office.

I know many of you are now in the throes of mid-terms, but I hope to see some of you at our next gathering, Thursday October 20 at the Norman Barnes & Noble, 8 p.m.  Perhaps it will run longer than our last meeting.  I can never stay very long, as I can't be out past puppy bedtime.

Meanwhile, write on!
DC

Deborah Chester
Professor
Professional Writing
Gaylord College of Journalism & Mass Communication
University of Oklahoma
Norman, OK  73019-2051
Ph: (405) 325-4192