PWA-L Archives

PWA Inside Talk

pwa-l@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
John Berry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Open discussions on the writer's craft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 23:37:52 -0500
Humanities-Ebooks.co.uk will be a profit-sharing academic publisher, aiming at a royalty rate approaching 70%. A provisional website, http://www.humanities-ebooks.co.uk, explains in detail how the company will work.

To justify the considerable investment this venture will require, I need to have, by 15 September 2004, at least 30 to 40 titles promised for delivery between October 2004 and June 2005. These may be academic reprints, new titles, facsimile rare books, or proposals for titles in a series called Humanities Insights (described in detail on the website).

Would you please consider forwarding this message to any groups to which you belong (other than STAR or BARS, to which I have already sent it), and to any colleagues in the Humanities who may be interested in publishing online with a profit-sharing enterprise?

Richard Gravil - a short c.v. is available on http://www.richardgravil.net