PWA-L Archives

PWA Inside Talk

pwa-l@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
William Prescott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Open discussions on the writer's craft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 17:10:38 -0700
Hello all!

My name is Will Prescott and I am a new MPW student. Let's see, my life -- the short version:

I am a liberal Southern Baptist minister's son (yes, they exist) and grew up in H-town, TX.
I received my BA in Sociology from Rice University in 2002. Following that, I entered Teach for America and I taught 5th grade for two years in Atlanta.

 During that time, I ventured down to Oaxaca, Mexico for some R&R and returned with a serious girlfriend, who quickly became my fiance, and now my wife. After I left teaching in 2004, I moved down to Mexico with my wife and we promptly ran our language school into the ground.

I have come into writing out of 1. love and 2. process of elimination. I have run from it long enough. Now, I have two years in a nice little cocoon to develop. Here's hoping.

My main interest is screenwriting. Comedy comes naturally to me, but I find myself writing dramedies mostly. I am tinkering with story ideas and steeling up the courage to take the plunge into my second screenplay.

That's it for now. If there are any other fledgling (or better yet, developed) screenwriters out there -- gimme a holla. I am looking to form a writing group.

Peace,

Will

William D. Prescott

University of Oklahoma