PWA-L Archives

PWA Inside Talk

pwa-l@LISTS.OU.EDU

PWA Inside Talk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Dec 2005 09:50:53 -0600
I think going to the Daily or the Oklahoman is a poor idea. It's very
easy to paint a picture of the PW department being overlooked,
overworked and underfunded and to not hilight the department's potential
or good points. It also has the potential for backlash as it could make
the group look really fussy, and we all know there are many other
programs at OU that are in the same boat.

On the other hand, a meeting with Boren is good. At least talk to him to
find out why the funding is going to brick and mortar instead of
enhancing the programs. He's a smooth talker, so don't be put off by
what he says and don't buy into it completely either. Still, it'd be in
the PW program's interest to make their requests known. That man can
milk funding from anything, and if he doesn't spend it on fancy
furniture somewhere, you guys should tell him that you'd like a piece of it.