PWA-L Archives

PWA Inside Talk

pwa-l@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Jocelyn Pedersen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
PWA Inside Talk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Feb 2013 22:53:44 -0600
Thanks to Annie Delsignore for being so prompt with getting our minutes out!

PWSA Notes 2-21-13

Sign up for t-shirts

-       Design is a black V-neck, with the Ray Bradbury quote “I don’t need an alarm clock, my ideas wake me”

-       A link to the design will be posted on the Facebook page as soon as possible

OKC Metro Friends of the Library is having a book sale at the fairgrounds

-       This weekend, February 23rd and 24th from 9am to 5:30pm (free admission)

-       Members of Friends of the Library can go to the presale on Friday at 5:30pm

-       Hardbacks are about 50 cents and paperbacks are about 25 cents.

 Bake sale raised about $50

Big Event

-       Saturday, April 13th

Anthology

-       Deadline for edits is March 7

We’re going to meet up at McNellie’s on Main St. on Wednesday, February 27 at 7:30pm for some fun, bonding time. They have a great burger deal on that day! It’ll be lots of fun and we would love to see everyone there J

Next meeting will be March 7 at 5:15 in the PW Alcoves

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Here are the stories we came up with while playing with the Story Cubes:

Once upon a time there was a girl named Elle. She lived in the highest tower in the castle. Until one day she tried to parachute down. She landed so hard on the ground, she became unconscious. But then she woke up when an arrow pierced her thigh. She quickly clasped her hand over her wound. Then she noticed a fountain to her right and went over to wash out her wound. And the fountain had magical powers that healed her leg and she was happy. It was such a happy day that she wrote about it in her memoirs.

The power of love is very attractive. But some people weight it on a different scale and don’t see its value.  You never know when you’re going to get hit by cupid’s arrow. Because there are plenty of fish in the sea. Some spend their nights dreaming of that special someone. Which makes their slumbers happy. They spend their days searching for their dream person. Some say love is like a shooting star, it comes so fast and rare it’s gone in an instant. Just like the circle of life. (PWSA gets deep)

Once upon a time there was a little sheep named Cauliflower. Cauliflower was grazing in the field when an alien ship landed next to her. Cauliflower thought it was a shooting star because she is a sheep. The alien that walked out of the ship was a giant bee-like creature. The alien used its magical bee-like antennae and put everyone to sleep except the senseless sheep Cauliflower. She found out that her friend Mr. Finn was going around to all the creatures saying she was a floozy. Cauliflower agreed that the name calling was wrong and decided to help the alien stop the rumors. In a puff of smoke, the space ship took off over the rainbow. Cauliflower happily went back to grazing.

Angus could not go out in the light because he had a dangerous, evil shadow. Little did he know, the evil shadow could unlock his deepest darkest secret- because the shadow was actually an accountant and used his abacus skills to look into his taxes. This saddened Angus a lot because he always dreamed of traveling to see the pyramids of Egypt. But he decided to trick the shadow by using a light to trap it in doors. He went to the building where the shadow was trapped in doors to make sure he was still there. He tip toed down the hall, and used the flashlight app on his smart phone to scare the shadow. Obviously, he figured out he wasn’t going to beat the shadow so he laid down in the corner and imagined himself parachuting off Mt Everest and his tax guy went too.

Once upon a time,  there was a timid shark named Boo. Being a vegetarian shark, he ate only apples. Boo was so timid he was even scared of his own shadow. Until one day he saw a shooting star which gave him courage.  It wasn’t a regular shooting star, it was full of magical power. It showed him a path marked by an arrow that led into a dark reef. In this dark reef he saw a leprechaun whose name was Henry and Henry told him that in order to be brave, Boo needed to find himself another Boo. When Boo found her, he had to pierce her heart with a magical arrow. But in so doing he unlocked her love and they lived happily ever after.