PWA-L Archives

PWA Inside Talk

pwa-l@LISTS.OU.EDU

Open discussions on the writer's craft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 16:35:23 -0400
Hi Jocelyn,
I'm a former non-traditional student who loved going back to school. I've graduated now and have to look for other areas to be non-traditional. :^) Your book idea sounds great. Have you tried selling parts of it in short story form? That will give you a feel for whether it will fly or not. Publishing shorter works also builds your credibility, which may help when you try to find a publisher.

As for me -- I do freelance and on-assignment writing for several magazines. If you Google my pen name, Suzanne Jordan Brown, some of my articles will come up on the internet, in case anybody is interested. Also, I have a writing book in print.  (Which brings me microscopic royalties, but a publish is a publish.) I have a young adult novel in the works, as well as a mystery.

Welcome to the group. I hope you enjoy the PW classes as much as I did.

Susan Brown