PWA-L Archives

PWA Inside Talk

pwa-l@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
"Chester, Deborah A." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
PWA Inside Talk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2012 20:44:19 +0000
FYI ...

Begin forwarded message:

From: Caitlin Steele <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: April 4, 2012 2:02:57 PM CDT
To: "[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Sales & Marketing Summer Internship Opportunity for Professional Writing Students at OU!

Hi Deborah,
My name is Caitlin, I’m a recruiter with University Directories and I understand you are a Professional Writing Professor at the University of Oklahoma. I am currently hiring for our Summer Sales & Marketing Internship and students studying Professional Writing tend to do very well in our program! We hire all ages and majors and I have 2 positions available in Norman! I have included a job description. If you could forward this on to your students I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you for your help and hope you have a great day!
Internship Opportunity: University Directories
Summer Sales/Marketing Internship
Three things to know about our internship:
1) We begin with a nationally-recognized week long training May 13-19. Training is located in Chapel Hill, NC and provides a solid foundation for your summer. It is an expense-paid training program that covers many topics relevant to sales, marketing and advertising. You leave prepared to experience success.
2) This is a paid internship.
3) It is not a desk job - you're going to be working face to face with local business owners to talk to them about advertising in the University of Oklahoma Student Planner.
Job Description:
UD offers a paid summer sales internship to college students who are self-motivated, energetic, organized, and have a desire to succeed. As an advertising sales representative, you will sell and market advertising and communication services in Norman, OK. The internship begins with an expense-paid training on the campus of the University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill. Following training you will embark on a summer-long internship where you will develop and improve the needed skills to succeed in today’s business world. The internship is Monday-Friday, May 21-August 10. Throughout the summer you will work with local business owners to target their advertising to the college community and provide them with a well-rounded marketing strategy. Our Internship program is open to all years and all majors, as it provides students with tangible skills to apply in any field. You will learn marketing, sales, advertising, time management, and several other tangible skills from the internship. The experience you gain this summer will make you stand out from the rest in today’s overcrowded job market. University Directories has several Career Partners who hire students directly from our internship program. They include:
•Smith & Nephew Inc  •Florida Panthers/Sunrise Sports Marketing  •Wolseley
•Unum  •Edward Jones  •Enterprise Rent-a-Car  •ePayment America   •Global English  •Insight Global  •ADP  •Federated Insurance  •Mattress Firm  •Paycom
Watch our Internship Video:
http://www.youtube.com/user/UnivDirectories#p/u/3/gaN6H8IrqrM
Apply for our Sales Position:
http://www.universitydirectories.com/internship-outside-sales.asp

Check out our AroundCampus website and mobile App:
http://www.aroundcampus.com
If you are interested in applying for a position, please email your resume to me at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> to set up an interview. Contact me ASAP, as positions tend to fill up quickly.
*You must have Housing and a Vehicle in Norman (or another University Directories market) in order to apply for this internship.
Caitlin Steele
Regional Manager
University Directories
Office: 919.240.6127
Cell: 919.946.0598
88 Vilcom Circle
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
Phone: 1-800-743-5556
Fax: 800-743-0009

Deborah Chester
John Crain Presidential Professor
Gaylord College of Journalism & Mass Communication
395 W. Lindsey Street
Norman, OK  73019
(405) 325-4192