PWA-L Archives

PWA Inside Talk

pwa-l@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
"Amanda T." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
PWA Inside Talk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Oct 2007 13:38:40 -0500
Hello all, I hope that you are having a great week! For those of you who
were not at the PWSA meeting this past Monday, we have made a big leap
forward in putting together our very own short story contest!

Here's the info:

1)Categories:
Undergraduate PW majors
Graduate PW majors
Non-majors (must be OU students)

2) Submission Guidelines:
There is a $3 fee per submission. You may pay in cash or check (made out to
PWSA).
Submissions must be between 1,000 and 2,500 words printed on plain paper,
double spaced, in 12 point font. Multiple submissions are allowed.  Top of
the page should include : Name, major, student ID #, preferred method of
contact. Submissions can be stapled or paper clipped and must be placed in a
plain envelope marked " PWSA Short Story Contest Submissions."
Any genre is acceptable, however the focus of the contest is on commerical
fiction rather than literary fiction.

3) Turn in your submission to:
Professor Chester's office in Gaylord Hall
PW lounge in Copeland Hall, 209- slip under the door at any time. The lounge
is open on Monday/Wednesday from 12:00 OM-1:00 PM and Tuesday/Thursday frome
4:30 PM- 5:30 PM.

4) Submission Deadline:
All submission must be turned in no later than 4 PM on Friday, December 7th,
2007. NO EXCEPTIONS!

5) For more information, email [log in to unmask], or you can email me or

I hope that all of you plan on entering! Spread the word to all your
friends!
Thanks all!
-Amanda