PWA-L Archives

PWA Inside Talk

pwa-l@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
William Prescott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
PWA Inside Talk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2007 14:14:49 -0800
Minutes of PWSA Meeting
February 24, 2007

Officers in Attendance:
Will Prescott
Elizabeth Childers
Jocelyn Pedersen
Isaac
Total number assembled (including officers and Prof.
Chester): 12

Meeting brought to order at 2:07 p.m.

Lots of snacks!  Thanks to everyone who brought them.

Prof. Chester conducted an exercise on EMOTION from
her book
The Crimson Claw
?       We read through pgs. 257- 259
?       We underlined demonstrations of emotion and put
boxes around direct statements of emotion (DS) as
shown below:

Next month, we will analyze Stimulus & Response at the
PWSA meeting. Check by Will's office (GH 3015) to get
the excerpt to read.

Norman Galaxy of Writers
o       Next Meeting March 3rd @ 10:00 at McFarland, Room
209
o       Speaker will be Larry Colbert
o       He will teach on outlining a novel
o       Bring your outline to the meeting

Committee Reports
Short Course
o       Last Short Course was in 2000
o       We’re brining this back next semester
o       Already have a couple of speakers who will come to
talk to us for free.
o       Will is looking for volunteers to help him

Ambassadors Group
o       THey will be updating the display cases in Gaylord
Hall
o       PWSA can have our own display case
o       Lauren can help get this set up with Lance
o       She will take care of this for us this semester and
help to set it up.  After that, we’ll be on our own
o       Ambassadors applications will be available soon

Lounge
o       opens every day at lunch from 12:00 - 1:00
o       Donations of books, DVDs, screenplays are welcome
o       Volunteers needed to sit in the lounge so it can be
open additional hours

Fundraising
o       We missed the UOSA budgetary cutoff last August
o       Emergency funding is available, Isaac will apply for
that this coming week
o       Isaac will have more details on that later
o       PWSA now has a small business checking account at
Bank of Oklahoma
o       Donations accepted through checks

 Web Site
o       Delayed—we don’t have OU web space because we
weren’t an official group, but soon we should have a
way to donate funds through the web site which is now
under construction

Advocacy
o       Increase our visibility
o       Finding constructive ways to get the administration
to notice us and help us

T-Shirts
o       Talk to professor in Graphic Designs College in Fine
Arts
o       Eric Anderson, professor
o       Lauren Hartley has a t-shirt logo connection and a
t-shirt printing connection [log in to unmask]
o       “Only a Blockhead doesn’t write for Money” find the
quote by Samuel Johnson  (google it)

Book Clubs
o       Still forming, and will probably do little exercises
like we did in our meeting today.
o       Interested parties should talk to Elizabeth

Blogs
o       Blogging is affecting the writing industry
o       Blogging is a way to make money
o       Will gave us some handouts on blogging with related
examples and articles
o       Our Blog is in its infancy
o       A hub of info. for PWSA
o       BLOG SPOT: oupwsa.blogspot.com