SCCMLA Archives

Distribution list for SCC/MLA members

sccmla@SPEEDY.OUHSC.EDU

From:
"Esparza, Julia" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Esparza, Julia
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 2023 21:05:42 +0000
Sorry for cross-posting!

Applications are being accepted for the Rittenhouse Award – DEADLINE October 15, 2023

The Rittenhouse Award, is presented annually by the Medical Library Association (MLA) for the best unpublished paper or web-based project on health sciences librarianship or medical informatics, submitted by a student in an ALA-accredited program of library and information studies or by a trainee in an internship in health sciences librarianship or medical informatics.

Criteria

  *   Author must be a current member of MLA. Membership dates may be confidentially confirmed by MLA Member Services<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.
  *   Author must be a student currently enrolled in an American Library Association (ALA)–accredited program of library and information studies OR

     *   Have recently graduated from an ALA-accredited program of library and information studies during the last eighteen months OR
     *   Be enrolled as a trainee in an internship program in health sciences librarianship or medical informatics.

Submissions

  *   Papers must have been written or web-based project completed during the 18 months preceding the deadline and during the student’s course work toward a graduate degree in library and information studies or medical informatics.
  *   Papers or web-based projects must treat some aspect of health sciences librarianship or medical informatics and may be bibliographical, address a health sciences issue or topic, or report the results of research.
  *   Papers which have been published publicly in any print or electronic format or are under consideration for publication are not eligible.
  *   Authors of web-based projects should submit a needs assessment, information on development of the website, evaluation of the website, and a summary outlining the project plan and evaluation results.

Recipient

  *   The award recipient will be notified in March and will receive a cash award of $500 in June, after the annual conference.
  *   Winning entries may be submitted to the Journal of the Medical Library Association for consideration.
  *   The recipient will be asked to share a photo and video for the virtual awards ceremony held in April and will  receive complimentary student registration to MLA’s annual conference.
  *   If there are no appropriate candidates, the association may elect not to present the award in a given year.

Ready to Submit an Application?

  *   Choose the 2024 online application form.<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.mlanet.org/e/sx/tk/eid=24__;!!GNU8KkXDZlD12Q!88IqzgyqgQs3kvmZ9k8VDU1BWS41g3R6nwsOIvQOH1iyWct46de6QgLF06eVEEYej1tyUajjfoFVj8QA72RfR1QH6mfbM2g$ [mlanet[.]org]>
  *   Once saved, the form remains open for changes or to upload supporting documents until October 15, 11:59 p.m. (CDT).
  *   Incomplete and late submissions will not be considered.

Carrie S. Forbes, MLS, AHIP

Liaison Librarian to the ECU College of Nursing

EOL/Death Doula, NEDA Proficient

Laupus Health Sciences Library, Room 2518

Greenville, NC 27834

252-689-8734 (TEXT)

252-744-2217 (Office)

Schedule an Appointment with me: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.picktime.com/CarrieForbesMLS__;!!GNU8KkXDZlD12Q!88IqzgyqgQs3kvmZ9k8VDU1BWS41g3R6nwsOIvQOH1iyWct46de6QgLF06eVEEYej1tyUajjfoFVj8QA72RfR1QHLNPRbK8$ [picktime[.]com]

Consumer Health Information Specialization, Level 1<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.mlanet.org/p/cm/ld/fid=329__;!!GNU8KkXDZlD12Q!88IqzgyqgQs3kvmZ9k8VDU1BWS41g3R6nwsOIvQOH1iyWct46de6QgLF06eVEEYej1tyUajjfoFVj8QA72RfR1QHYJEUnuE$ [mlanet[.]org]>

Pronouns<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.mypronouns.org/__;!!GNU8KkXDZlD12Q!88IqzgyqgQs3kvmZ9k8VDU1BWS41g3R6nwsOIvQOH1iyWct46de6QgLF06eVEEYej1tyUajjfoFVj8QA72RfR1QH5ZNrBuU$ [mypronouns[.]org]>: She/Her/Hers
APA 7th help: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://libguides.ecu.edu/APA7__;!!GNU8KkXDZlD12Q!88IqzgyqgQs3kvmZ9k8VDU1BWS41g3R6nwsOIvQOH1iyWct46de6QgLF06eVEEYej1tyUajjfoFVj8QA72RfR1QHoR_v23w$ [libguides[.]ecu[.]edu]

ECU Indigenous Land Acknowledgement:
We acknowledge the Tuscarora (Skaròꞏrə̨ʼ) people, who
are the traditional custodians of the land on which we work
and live, and recognize their continuing connection
to the land, water, and air that Greenville consumes.
We pay respect to eight recognized tribes; Coharie,
Eastern Band of Cherokee, Haliwa-Saponi, Lumbee,
Meherrin, Occaneechi Band of Saponi, Sappony, and
Waccamaw-Siouan, all Nations,
and their elders past, present, and emerging.

[cid:0e8d1f95-13b9-4584-b4d8-93021b4954b4]  [cid:f0904205-4d5d-4a23-a3bb-39e12b8b00d2]  [cid:91cceb97-3227-4aaa-8a35-08df723ae9c1]

Please note that my emails may come during non-traditional work hours. My working hours may not align with your working hours, and I do not intend for anyone to respond outside of their schedule.